It is easy to set up a home phone, by plug in the handset and start dialing. For business phone, it could be more complicated than expected. When looking for the suitable phone system, you will need to consider the features needed for your current business and the expected growth on your business in the future. The best system for your business should work within your budget and enable you to upgrade in future business growth.
Choosing Phone System For Your Business
In order to choose the right phone system for your business, you may start from knowing the size of your business. When searching for the right phone system, you should consider the number of employees, fax machines, credit card terminals, and modems. In the market, there are several type of phone system available.
- Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems is the most popular option in the corporate world, especially businesses with more than hundreds of employees. PBX phone system require large amount of hardware to support digital switchboard.
- Keyphone System Unit (KSU) systems has the similar technology to PBX system, but available in lower cost. KSU systems handle a lower capacity of user, which is 60 line or less.
- Unlike KSU system, KSU-less (or keyless) systems can function without large hardware box, but it is limited to 10 or lesser employer. This system is much suitable for small business company and no expansion expected.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems is a new technology introduced in business world. Unlike traditional phone lines, VoIP calls are transmitted through internet connection. It can easily utilize with computer or just a handset.
Consideration When Choosing Phone System
While doing research for phone system, you will notice that each type of phone system has their special features where you should put on considerations. The considerations needed include:
- Wiring is the main consideration when deciding phone system for your business. If your office space is a pre-wired, there should be telephone lines installed. However, you might need to add on phone line, depending on the size of your business. If the current phone line available is insufficient you might need to look for upgradeable phone system.
- VoIP phone system is beneficial to especially for international company as the cost is much cheaper than traditional phone lines. Hence, you need to get more bandwidth from your Internet Service Provider in order to handle peak time phone calls.
- The price of each system is vary according to the size of the phone system you need, the hardware you require to support all the phone line, and the installation cost. Some office phone system supplier will charge you for the number of lines, or the user that you need.
- Before making any final decision, don’t forget to put monthly costs of the system under consideration. Make sure it fit within your budget. Also not to forget, make sure that the system you would like to get allow you to expand in the future according to your business growth.